The world of sports is an interesting one. No matter what level any game is played at, it involves skill in two very different arenas.
The obvious is physical ability.
The second, maybe the less obvious, but in many cases more important is mental ability. In my work with all types of athletes, I have consistently found a number of ways that any athlete can benefit from what is called mental skills training. Here are a number of ways that my clients use mental skills training:
- to improve focus and deal with distractions
- to grow confidence in practice and game
- to learn how to deal with setbacks
- to get a mental edge
- to reach a state of mind to enter zone-play automatically
- to deal with “hot buttons” such as anger, “beating yourself up” with negative comments
- to get out of a slump quickly
- to transfer practice play to game play
- to manage stress, anxiety, pressure and distractions
- to use the mind to get more out of physical talents
- to accelerate learning – learn new plays or routines faster
Remember that a small amount of time spent on mental training leads to enhanced performance so that getting into the zone more often is a reality! Yes, you can be trained how to get into the zone and game state automatically.
Get started with the Mental Game Training program today. CALL Jim Dixon at 905-471-1829